Wedding Submissions to CharlestonWeddings.com
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work for consideration and for thinking of the CharlestonWeddings.com as a great blog on which to showcase your work. We love publishing Real Weddings, Engagement Sessions, and related shoots when we find something that is fresh and pays great attention to detail. To help you get a better idea of what we consider to be a good fit for CharlestonWeddings.com, we’ve outlined the submission policy, what we are looking for (in detail), and how to submit.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to e-mail us! – We look forward to hearing from you!
To submit a wedding or shoot for consideration, you must register on our site as a vendor (photographer for example), and upon logging in you will see our Wedding Submissions section. Basic information such as the wedding date, bride and groom first names, any cool details of the wedding need to be provided, as well as the vendors who provided their services for the wedding. We also have a photo uploader tool where you can upload and order your photos how you would like to appear on our Blog. You can also preview what it will look like once it goes live.
- We only focus on events with elegance & luxury with high focus on details. We feature events like weddings, engagements, photo shoots, bridal showers and others, so please do not submit your photos if they are do not fit what we are looking for.
- Well photographed events and shoots, preferably with a graphic, editorial style.
- Weddings and shoots with lots of details, chic style, personality, and unexpected use of color. Handmade or otherwise quirky elements are a plus, and the more original the overall concept, the better.
- Stories within the event or shoot itself. For example, if there’s a reason the bride crafted a certain detail, and she’s comfortable in sharing why, I’d love to let our readers know!
- Off beat weddings are great! We are ;all about new, fresh ideas, so the further away from cookie cutter while still being tasteful, the better!
- CharlestonWeddings.com is always looking for fresh, original content.
- If a particular event you submit is not a good fit for the blog, please feel free to submit in the future. We review each event individually and look at the overall aesthetic and details within the samples you provide. Whether or not you are published is not a commentary on your work but rather the event’s relevance to our readers.
- Currently, we are accepting content that may also be featured elsewhere as we grow our publication. Brides or other vendors, please let your photographer know that you would prefer to submit this wedding to CharlestonWeddings.com rather than sending us the event on your own.
- It is important to me that all vendors are appropriately credited for their work and that the couple is comfortable with their photos being published. Please contact the bride and groom for permission to have their images on a blog, if is not already written into your contract, and be prepared to provide a list of all the applicable vendors if I approve the submission.
- Submission images should not be watermarked and should be at least 1000px wide (or 600px wide for vertical images).
- (This is Important) We try to better tell the background story of the photos you are sending. Simply because our readers love
to read stories & tend to engage better through Liking, Tweeting, Pinning. So when and if possible we like to be able to do that whenever we feature
a photo shoot.